Sunday, November 7, 2010

Meal Plan and Grocery List 11/8- 11/14

Monday November 8th

Fast and Easy Meatball Stew

Tuesday November 9th

Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes
this one is from the early days of this blog...I apologize for the lack lustre photos/presentation of the dish...I was learning

Wednesday November 10th

Mexican Chicken with Jalapeno Popper Sauce
A new favorite in our meal plan rotation! We've been craving this since I first made it.

Thursday November 11th

Leftovers

Friday November 12th

Pizza Puffs
Perfect for a snack OR dinner! Give em' sauce for dipping and kids love these!

Saturday November 13th

Texas-Style Short Rib Chili
This is the recipe that I am most excited to prepare this week!

Sunday November 14th

Leftovers...again or Take out : )


GROCERY LIST

Produce
garlic
mushrooms
3 onions
1 spaghetti squash
green pepper
4 tomatoes
cilantro
3 jalapeno peppers
green onion
6 chili peppers, suggested: 2 ancho chiles, 2 pasilla chiles, 2 guadajillo chiles (I couldn't find these in November...in Ohio, so I went with a blend of whatever was available in our local produce section)
red onion

Meat
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 slices of bacon
pepperoni
3 lbs. short ribs (preferably boneless and cut into 1-inch cubes)

Dairy
butter
grated Parmesan
cream cheese (light is fine)
3/4 cup of shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
4 oz. mozzarella cheese
milk
eggs

Canned Goods
14 oz. can beef broth
Marsala wine (cooking is fine)
olive oil
pizza sauce
olives
chipotles in adobo sauce
12 oz. pale ale
vegetable oil
hot sauce
6 cups chicken broth or stock

Dry Goods
1 envelope brown gravy mix
long grain rice
oregano
basil
fennel seed
cumin
chili powder
Mexican, Taco, or Spanish rice mix package
flour
baking powder
coriander
cinnamon
ground cloves
coffee
1 oz. bittersweet chocolate
masa harina (a type of corn flour, available at Latin American markets or your local supermarket)
corn tortillas

Freezer
24 meatballs
16 oz. mixed vegetables

3 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like lots of tasty things planned for this week! I'm glad to see the popper chicken is on there again. We love it too and I my husband requests it a lot. My friend Arlene is looking for short rib recipes and I thought of you right away. If you have a favorite, or even a couple of favorites please send them her way. Here is her link: http://arlene-thefoodoflove.blogspot.com/2010/10/bistro-style-short-ribs.html

P.S. Gotta go play catch up. I've been having the hardest time trying to find time to comment lately. Hope you're doing good!

Ty'sMommy said...

I love me some spaghetti squash. I have one sitting on my counter right now waiting to be dosed with pesto from my freezer! Can't wait to see yours!

Desi said...

MMM I would love the recipe for that short rib chili. We are on a quest to find the best chili. We have made one so far and I wasn't too impressed, and I have another one on the meal plan this week. Yours sounds so tasty! I love short ribs :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails