Sunday, July 11, 2010

Root Beer Floats and The Meal Plan 7/12-7/18

Last weekend at our 4th of July party, I served miniature root beer floats for dessert. For quick preparation at the party, I placed one scoop of ice cream into 15 clear 9 oz. cups the day before the event, placed them on a baking sheet, covered them, and popped them into my freezer.



When it came time to serve dessert at the party, I just poured chilled root beer over the top for this classic sweet, creamy, fizzy, foamy treat!



I like the 9 oz. cup size for these. It seemed to be just right for kiddos and the adults who were full after all of the yummy cookout food. This is a great idea for your child's next birthday party. Of course, adults love em' too. We just forget that how good they taste until there's one sitting in front of us. I ended up scooping a few extra cups to keep in our freezer and we've been pulling them out for an afternoon treat or dessert. Word has gotten out... I had neighborhood kids enjoying this treat on my deck almost every day last week.


Making individual treats is exactly what I'll be doing all this week too. I'm in charge of the kitchen for our church's vacation bible school. This means that my "crew" and I will be making theme-oriented snacks for around 200 kids and volunteers on a "High Seas Expedition". I plan to share a few highlights and snacks here throughout the week. For this reason, and the fact that I might not feel like spending much time in my own kitchen after spending all morning in the church kitchen, I have decided to provide a meal plan full of links. No grocery list this week. But feel free to build your own meal plan from the links posted below. : )

Monday July 12th

I'm thinking an easy pasta dish. Either Spinach Pine Nut Pasta or Weeknight Ravioli Bake

Tuesday July 13th

Fresh Green Beans with Potatoes and Bacon

Speaking of green beans and potatoes, you've gotta check out this Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes, and Pesto. My pictures really don't do it justice. It is wonderful!

Wednesday July 14th

A sandwich or a wrap. Maybe these Spinach, Bacon, and Tomato Salsa Wraps (my daughter actually requests these) or Tomato Provolone Sandwiches with Pesto Mayonnaise (I'm a fan!)

Thursday July 15th

Fire up the grill! I'm in the mood for meat on a stick. Check out Beef on a Stick or these Spicy Peanut Chicken Kabobs.

Friday July 16th

Fridays almost always mean pizza in this house. I'm leaning towards Coyote Pizza or Tostada Pizza this week.

Saturday July 17th

We're grilling out again...burgers this time. This week it's a toss up between Supreme Pizza Burgers or Totally Edible Turkey Burgers

Sunday July 18th

I'll be at a bridal shower luncheon in the afternoon, so I'm betting on leftovers for dinner.

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! Here's to an equally wonderful week!

3 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the menu but I'm really thrilled to have a recipe for individual root beer floats. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Rebecca, Becca or Bec--Never Becky said...

Our church is doing High Seas in August. I'll be making the snacks too :-)

Kim said...

I hope you have lots of fun at bible school. The root beer float idea is genius!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails