Thursday, October 22, 2009

Peach Crisp

Hello everyone! I'm still away from my kitchen, still in Indiana... but I have progressed two hours South to spend the remainder of my time in the Hoosier state with my husband's family. I have one more recipe saved up in my "out of the office" files to share with you while I spend my weekend pumpkin picking and tailgating the Purdue game (Hey, we finally won one! Big thanks to The Ohio State University for letting their guard down. Go Boilers!) On Sunday, it'll be back to business as usual here with the meal plan. In the meantime...

I made this basic (and delicious) peach crisp a couple of weekends ago.



Do you ever just crave baked goods? On that chilly Saturday night, I needed to bake. After searching my pantry, I knew just what I wanted. The jar of peaches staring back from the second shelf called out, "Peach crisp...peach crisp." What, your canned goods don't talk to you? Huh. Too bad. It's helpful to have such counsel in your kitchen.




I drained the peaches and sliced them into the bottom of a baking dish. This was one of those round Corningware dishes, I think that it was a 2 quart. I'd run into my kitchen to check...but I'm not at home. A 9X9 would work fine here too. Because these peaches were preserved in a light syrup, I didn't need to sweeten them. If you're using fresh, you might want to stir in some sugar.



Next I mixed together some quick oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon and cut in 1/2 stick of butter.



Sprinkle the topping over the peaches.



Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.



Now here's the kicker: Serve it warm, topped with Creme Brulee ice cream. Oh my goodness! I swear that music swelled in my kitchen (it was the Halleluiah Chorus) when I took the first bite of this combination.



Peach Crisp

1/2 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. butter
1 quart sized jar of peaches, drained and sliced or 5-7 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced

In mixing bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Drain peaches, then slice and put into a baking dish. Sprinkle oat mixture on top and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve warm with creme brulee ice cream ; )

7 comments:

chow and chatter said...

looks yum have fun with your family

Reeni said...

What a decadent dessert with the creme brulee on top! So scrumptious! Have a lovely weekend!

Donna-FFW said...

What a fantastic sounding dessert made so special!! Happy youre having a wonderful time!

Chicago Mom said...

Could that be any easier?! YUM!

Susanna said...

So good. THANKS for the recipe. I baked this tonight. I added some pecans & threw all the dry ingredients into food processor, then threw the butter in & hit the"pulse" button a few times until it was the right consistency.

This peach crisp hits the spot when it's cold & rainy like today.

Katy ~ said...

I LOVE peaches. This crisp sounds like a delicious way to present them.

Your vacation sounds wonderful.

Talita said...

I love peach! This recipe sounds great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails