Sunday, August 30, 2009

Meal Plan 8/31- 9/6

Finally! We are home for a whole week. Which means that I am in my very own kitchen cooking for the fam again. Yay! Only...after being away for for the last 2-1/2 weeks, I have a lot of catching up to do. The laundry, the cleaning, planning for the fall, getting my daughter ready to begin school, planning her birthday party, switching the closets for cooler weather...I know that ya'll can relate. I'm getting back into the swing of things. So this week it's easy cooking. I plan to get two or three meals out of the protein that I cook. I'll start off the week using my crock pot and make a roast, then use the beef again on Tuesday for Stroganoff. I've got a big package of giant chicken breast in the freezer, so on Wednesday I'll cook the chicken and use part for Mary at Deep South Dish's Chicken n' Dumpling Bake. Then I'll use the rest of the shredded chicken for enchiladas on Thursday and New Mexico Style Pizza on Friday night. This weekend is Labor Day weekend, which of course warrants a cookout. Weather permitting, we'll be chillin' on the deck and using our grill. So here's the plan:

Monday August 31st

Pot Roast in the Crock Pot

Tuesday September 1st

Easy Beef Stroganoff

Wednesday September 2nd

Chicken n' Dumpling Bake

Thursday September 3rd

Chicken Enchiladas

Friday September 4th

New Mexico Style Pizza

Saturday and Sunday September 5th and 6th

Leftovers and Cook out food

No grocery list yet, I'm behind! I need to make my list tomorrow. Because most of the meal plan above consists of links to previously posted recipes, I'm free to post a couple of "backed" posts that I haven't gotten around yet. Watch for my traditional tuna salad and how to can peaches, complete with my first instructional video!

Hope you all have a wonderful week. I can't believe that September is already here!

2 comments:

Hungry Hungry House said...

Sounds like a busy week with a great meal plan! I had been gone for about 4 weeks, so I am still getting all caught up..and btw can't wait for your video! Haven't heard your voice in forever so it will be a good trip down memory lane!

Katy ~ said...

I like how you plan ahead to use your leftover proteins! Good lesson for me to see.

It all sounds good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails