Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meal Plan and Grocery List 2/23 - 2/29

Hello friends! I am pretty excited about the meal plan for this week. However, I am changing it even as I sit here and type. I have decided to extend our visit home for a couple more days. Both kids are sick and the baby has a nasty upper respiratory infection. I'm a little tired from all of the fun that I've had catching up with friends and family. As I began organizing suitcases this morning, the dread was building at the thought of 5-6 hours ahead of me in the car with two cranky, hacking children. Then my husband said, "Why don't you stay another day?" Yeah. Why don't I? He really had to twist my arm.

Which means...I won't be home to cook stuffed cabbage soup as originally planned. And I can't post about Beef Wellington as promised on last week's plan, because those files are on my home computer. I do promise to get all caught up this week once the bags are unpacked. I'll start posting new meals again on Wednesday.

In the meantime, here's the plan for the week with links for Monday and Tuesday's meals:

Monday February 23rd

Omelets

Tuesday February 24th

Beef Stew and biscuits

Wednesday February 25th

Philly Cheese Mac

Thursday February 26th

Fish Tacos

Friday February 27th

Tostada Pizza

Saturday February 28th

Smoked Chicken Pot Stickers

Sunday February 29th

Beef Wellington (I promise this time!)

Grocery List

Produce

3 onions
garlic
carrot
savoy cabbage
parsley
Italian parsley
dill
scallion
chives
mangos
sweet red pepper
green onion
jalapeno

Deli

1/4 lb. smoked chicken

Meat

2 lb lean ground beef
1 lb white fish


Dairy

Eggs
Cheese for omelets
2 cups shredded provolone
1 cup shredded Swiss
Monterrey Jack cheese
24 wonton skins
tube of pizza dough
butter
milk

Canned

1 qt. + 2 cups chicken broth
28 oz diced tomatoes
16 oz. tomato sauce
olive oil
8 oz. vegetable broth
soy sauce
Asian dark sesame oil
rice vinegar
mayo
lime juice
vinegar
green chilies
pinto beans with jalapenos
taco sauce

Dry

rice
cavatappi, elbow, or rigatoni
flour
8 corn tacos
taco seasoning
corn meal

Spices

allspice
coriander
smoked paprika
bay leaf
cumin
garlic powder

Freezer

Steak Umms sliced steak

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails