Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Quesadillas

I like quesadillas because they are so simple. If you've got two tortillas and some cheese in your house, then you've got the makings of a quesadilla.




I made the quesadilla above on an actual quesadilla maker. It's one of those needless kitchen appliances that take up way too much cupboard space and I only haul it out every 3 months. I think I bought it for my husband way back when we were still dating. You know, because he cooks so much. Ha! He actually does really like quesadillas. I'm just not sure I've ever seen him cook one. The point being, you really don't need a quesadilla maker. You can make them in a regular skillet. See...


Just don't take a phone call and forget to flip...


Usually, when I make quesadillas, I drag everything out of the refrigerator that looks like it might work between two tortillas and create as I go. No meat in these, but they would be yummy with a little chicken or sliced, marinated steak. Here is everything that I dragged out this time.


I always have onions, so I caramelized some onions.



And then I sliced and sauteed some mushrooms.


I put them on the tortilla with some Mexican blend shredded cheese. It was good!


I made this one with cheddar, chopped green chilies, and diced onion.


When you're ready to serve, set out some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, guacamole...whatever you like on a quesadilla. I served mine with refried beans topped with cheddar and chopped onion.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails